Download as a PDF
Download as a Word Document
Download Translucent Panel Submittal Sheet
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
- StonePly Translucent Panels
1.2 WORK INCLUDED
- Furnish all materials, labor, tools, equipment engineering, and services to install composite stone panels of natural stone bonded to Translucent backing.
1.3 RELATED SECTIONS
- Section 08630 - Metal-Framed Skylights.
- Section 07900 - Joint Sealers.
- Section 08800 - Glazing
- ASTM Z 97.1 - American National Standard for Glazing Materials Used in Buildings -- Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test.
- G. ASTM F 1233 - Standard Test Method for Security Glazing Materials and Systems.
1.5 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manufacturer Qualifications: The stone panel manufacturer shall have at minimum a 3 year demonstrated capability to produce panels of the quality and scope required.
- Installer Qualifications: Regularly engaged and experienced in the installation of composite natural stone veneer panels.
Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
Product Data: Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
- Physical properties including data on material weight, light transmission and thermal expansion.
- Preparation instructions and recommendations
- Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
- Installation methods and procedures, including edge engagement guidelines.
Verification Samples: Submit samples for each finish product specified, two samples, minimum size 2 inches by 3inches, representing actual product.
1.7 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Transport, lift, and handle units with care, avoiding excessive stress and preventing damage; use appropriate equipment.
- Store products in manufacturer's unopened packaging until ready for installation, in a clean dry area protected from weather, moisture and damage; store units upright and not stacked unless permitted by manufacturer.
PART 2: PRODUCTS
4400 Oneal St Ste 300
Greenville, TX 75404
Tel: (903) 454-0904 Fax: (903) 454-3642
Substitutions: Not permitted.
The stone shall match the sample
- Stone Finish shall be (select one) [polished], [honed], [flamed] or [custom], [to match the approved sample].
All reinforced stone panels shall have the following properties.
- Facing: 1/4" thickness
- Reinforcing: 1/2" or 3/4" honeycomb composite bonded with high strength epoxy.
- Average Weight: 3.3 lbs per sq. ft. (l6 kg per sq. m.)
- Dimensional Tolerance: Plus or minus 1/8" (3.2mm) in all directions. Plus or minus 1/8" (3.2mm) diagonally.
2.3 PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
The stone panel's performance shall meet or exceed the following properties.
- Acid-Freeze-Thaw: Loss in flexural strength shall not exceed 20% after 100 freeze thaw cycles + 170F to -10F immersed in dilute sulfuric acid.
- Large Missile Impact test per Dade County Protocol PA 201-94: Missile impact panel with a solid S4S nominal 2 x 4, #2 surface dry, Southern Pine of not less than 8'-6'. in length and 9 lbs in weight at a velocity between 50 and 52 ft/sec. without defined specimen failure.
- Tension Bond Capacity: 390 psi following accelerated aging by rapid freeze thaw temperature cycling from -20 degrees F to +130 degrees F.
- Weather Resistance: No significant loss in strength or change in appearance after 200 hours accelerated weathering conducted in accordance with ASTM G 23.
- Flame Spread ASTM E-84 : 5 Maximum smoke development: 5. Maximum fuel contribution: 0
- Toxicity of smoke: Smoke is primarily water vapor. No more toxic than Douglas Fir wood.
- Anchorage and connection hardware, including Z clips, locking channels, concealed anchor plates, angle clips, structural silicone, epoxy and threaded metal inserts shall be furnished & installed under this contract. Such hardware shall be as engineered, and of sufficient size and strength to support the panels and resist the applied loads. All fastening shall be concealed. All panel mounting details shall be as approved by StonePly Co. Engineering Department prior to installation.
- Joint sealants (as specified in Section 07920) shall be pre tested for compatibility with the natural stone panel facing selected.
PART 3 EXECUTION
- Inspect pallets upon delivery for evidence of damage.
- Inspect and verify that openings are correct size and conform to recommendations of the StonePly Translucent Stone Panel manufacturer.
- Prepare surfaces using the methods recommended by the manufacturer for achieving the best result for the substrate under the project conditions.
- Immediately prior to installation, expose glazing edges of stone panel by peeling back factory-applied protective masking to a dimension sufficient for edge engagement.
- Install StonePly translucent in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations for edge engagement and expansion allowance.
- Employ only sealants and glazing accessories that have been approved by manufacturer of StonePly translucent panels.
- Remove protective masking immediately after all installation operations are completed.
- Protect installed products until completion of project.
- Affix polyethylene film or other approved covering to framing members, as required to protect StonePly translucent stone panels from other construction operations.
- Repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
- Clean all dirt, marks, & sealant from stone panels using methods appropriate for the type of stone and per manufacturer's recommendation.