This ten story, 130,098 square foot Class A office building located in downtown Portland, Maine was built in 1970. After 40 years of harsh Maine weather the brick façade was starting to show its age.
The buildings owner, Finard Properties, faced three major challenges:
• Water. In stormy weather, wind driven rain would seep through the brick joints and run down the inside of the building.
• Energy costs. The utility bills were high since the building leaked heat through the walls.
• Appearance. The façade looked tired and that affected the value to both the owner and the tenants.
Deer Isle Granite StonePly panels were used to create a building envelope. StonePly offered several advantages:
• Since the panels are light weight, they added almost no weight to the façade.
• The installation was able to take place while the building was fully occupied and operating.
• The granite faced panels look great.
• The super strong panels are durable and hold up to all types of weather, even the harsh winters of Maine.