Negro Marquina Marble Panels
- Other names: Nero Marquina Marble, Marquina marble, Marquina Black Marble, Negro Markina marble, Black Marquina Marble
- Place of Origin: Spain
- Type of Stone: Marble
- Absorption: 0.15-0.2%
- Similar stones: Black Of Vytina (Greece), Black Of Levadia (Greece), Noir Saint Laurent (France), China Black (China), Toros Black (Turkey)
- Availability: Inquire
Negro Marquina is a Black marble. Negro Marquina is quarried in Spain. In architectural stone, the term marble refers to a metamorphic stone created from limestone and/or a serpentine that is capable of being polished. Since ancient times, palaces, government buildings, great monuments and the finest architectural works have been constructed from marble. Marbles durability in outdoor environments is proven by the ancient marble structures that still stand. Marble is however, not as durable as granite for outdoor construction or cladding panels and if a mirror polished surface is specified, the marble panel (if used outside) will lose its polish over time.
Advantages of StonePly Marble Stone Panels
- High impact strength (60x greater than solid marble)
- Reduces construction costs because lightweight stone panels can be lifted by hand during installation
- StonePly lightweight panels reduce shipping costs by 60% or more.
- Reduces delays from bad weather. StonePly cladding system uses no mortar.
- Increases the room for insulation in wall cavity behind the cladding, saving both money and the environment.
- Decreases structural load on building
- Increases rentable and usable floor space.
- StonePly panels are fire, hurricane and earthquake resistant
- Strength is uniform, no weak spots
- Bar tops
- Elevator cabs
Stone Panel Backing Options:
StonePly HC. StonePly HC granite panels are lightweight natural granite panels. The stone panels have up to 60 times the impact resistance of 1 1/2" thick granite. In the StonePly HC process, an aircraft quality aluminum honeycomb is bonded to a granite slab. The StonePly stone panel is strong, light, and faster and easier to install than solid granite slabs. Excellent for exterior stone cladding, curtain walls, marine applications and elevators.
StonePly ACM is a real granite panel bonded to a panel of aluminum composite. Lightweight, thin and strong, StonePly ACM is perfect for interior wall cladding, furniture, signage, counters, worktops and wainscoting.
Stone Panel Finish Options
Confused about terms? Our glossary may help
Contact us: 903.454.0904 | firstname.lastname@example.org