Galala Marble Panels
- Other names: Galala Beige Marble, Papiro marble, Galalah Marble
- Place of Origin: Egypt
- Type of Stone: Marble
- Absorption: 0.35-0.6%
- Similar stones: Bianco Avorio, Botticino And Trani Classico (Italy), Beige Of Ligourio (Greece), Bursa Beige (Turkey)
- Availability: Inquire
Galala is a Red marble. Galala is quarried in Egypt. In architectural stone, the term marble refers to a metamorphic stone created from limestone and/or a serpentine that is capable of being polished. Since ancient times, palaces, government buildings, great monuments and the finest architectural works have been constructed from marble. Marbles durability in outdoor environments is proven by the ancient marble structures that still stand. Marble is however, not as durable as granite for outdoor construction or cladding panels and if a mirror polished surface is specified, the marble panel (if used outside) will lose its polish over time.
Advantages of StonePly Marble Stone Panels
- Impact resistance up to 60X that of solid marble slabs
- Reduces construction costs because lightweight stone panels can be lifted by hand during installation.
- Reduces weather delays and costs. StonePly uses no mortar.
- StonePly lightweight panels reduce shipping costs by 60% or more.
- Increases the room for insulation in wall cavity behind the cladding, saving both money and the environment.
- Decreases structural load on building
- Increases usable floor space.
- StonePly panels are fire, hurricane and earthquake resistant
- Strength is uniform, no weak spots
- Religious equipment, ecclesiastical art and baptisteries
- Interior and exterior signage
- Bathrooms, spas, saunas and showers.
- Partitions and dividers
Stone Panel Backing Options:
StonePly HC. StonePly HC granite panels are lightweight natural granite panels. The stone panels have up to 60 times the impact resistance of 1 1/2" thick granite. In the StonePly HC process, an aircraft quality aluminum honeycomb is bonded to a granite slab. The StonePly stone panel is strong, light, and faster and easier to install than solid granite slabs. Excellent for exterior stone cladding, curtain walls, marine applications and elevators.
StonePly ACM is a real granite panel bonded to a panel of aluminum composite. Lightweight, thin and strong, StonePly ACM is perfect for interior wall cladding, furniture, signage, counters, worktops and wainscoting.
Stone Panel Finish Options
Confused about terms? Our glossary may help
Contact us: 903.454.0904 | email@example.com