A Better way to Design and Specify Stone Toilet Compartments
Stone restroom compartments are currently specified under CSI Section 10211340 STONE TOILET COMPARTMENTS.
The specifications were formerly (CSI 95 format) under Section 10180 STONE TOILET COMPARTMENTS
This specification includes marble and granite toilet enclosures, entrance screens, bathroom partitions and urinal screens.
Why specify StonePly aluminum honeycomb reinforced natural stone toilet compartments?
Advantages and benefits
- Rich natural stone on all exposed faces
- High Strength: Up to 80 times the impact strength of slab stone means virtually no breakage and superior vandal resistance.
- Lightweight for less load on walls and faster and easier installation.
- Aluminum honeycomb core for easier connections, stronger structures.
- Real stone doors are available.
- World's largest selection of natural stone options
- The best pricing, delivery and service.
|Features||Laminate and composite toilet compartments||Solid slab stone toilet compartments||StonePly toilet compartments|
|Quality look and feel of natural stone|
|High impact resistance|
|Will not burn or scorch|
|100% water proof construction, will not delaminate even under water|
|Design freedom. 500+ varieties of stone available from one supplier.|
|100% natural and safe with no VOC hazards|
|Unique natural stone markings, feel and originality|
- What are the steps in the StonePly toilet partition process?
- 1. Determine the layout for the restroom partitions. Sample partition layouts are provided on our drawings page. If you need assistance with the process, let us know we are here to help. 2. Select the type of stone. StonePly offers numerous varieties of granite, marble, travertine, limestone and onyx. 3. Once the order is placed, we will provide shop drawings detailing the connections, layouts, attachments and panel numbers. 4. When the drawings are approved we will cut fabricate and deliver the partitions. 5. Since the panels are super strong and lightweight, the installation can be handled with basic carpentry skills.
- What about weight?
- Thanks to the high strength aluminum honeycomb core, StonePly restroom partitions are lightweight. They weigh about the same as MDF plywood.
- What are the limitations and disadvantages of StonePly restroom partitions?
- StonePly is a quality natural stone product and StonePly toilet partitions typically cost about the same as a good stainless steel partition. If you are designing a project where appearance is not important and the building is expected to be temporary in nature, a laminate or composite partition is cheaper.
- Can I add graphics?
- Yes. On request, StonePly can be etched or sandblasted with your custom design.
- Who installs the restroom partitions?
- Almost anyone with basic construction skills and the ability to follow instructions can install the StonePly bathroom partitions.
- What is the best stone for toilet partitions?
- The best stone is the one that appeals to you. With traditional slab stone, designers had to be concerned about the strength of the stone and several exotic marbles could not be used. With StonePly, the strength of the panel is derived from the internal aluminum honeycomb core. This means almost any stone can be used. Some of the more popular stone options are: Granite: Nearly as hard as a diamond, granite is an ideal material for partition surfaces. An igneous rock, granite formed as magma cooled and crystallized under intense heat and pressure over hundreds of millions of years. Marble: A beautiful choice for restroom partitions. Marble is a metamorphic form of limestone. Known for its beauty and durability, marble is available in hundreds of varieties and colors. Limestone: A calcite based stone, limestone toilet partitions are generally not available with a highly polished surface. Onyx and travertine: An ideal partition surface for a more exotic look.
Questions? Contact us